Tuesday, March 3, 2009

What Salad Dressing is Healthy?

If you are like me, you would think that a regular light Italian dressing would be just fine to put on top of your healthy salad. Well, if you are like me, you will be totally shocked that one of the first ingredients in most salad dressing is high fructose corn syrup!

When I started reading labels on all the products I used to buy, I was continually shocked at all the unhealthy ingredients that go into the most simple of foods.
Today my focus is salad dressing. Check the labels of the dressings you have in your refrigerator. I think you will probably be shocked at not only the number of indecipherable ingredients on the label but also that it contains large amounts of sugar, high fructose corn syrup, preservatives, and more.

I went on the search for a healthier alternative and aside from just going without dressing all together, I found one that I really like and wanted to share the information.

Eat This: I like Annie’s Natural Lite Raspberry Vinaigrette. It is Dairy Free, Soy Free, and Gluten Free and is one of the best “all natural” salad dressings I have tried. I have found it at Market Street but I think they also sell it at Super Target and Kroger (in their “healthy living”) section. You can also buy it on line. Here is the URL:

http://www.annies.com/an#jump302

Not That: Salad Dressings loaded with unhealthy ingredients, fat, and preservatives.

No comments:

Post a Comment