Sunday, April 26, 2009

10 Easy Life Changes for Good Health

I am going to do a series of 10 easy things you can do that will help improve your health. These will be 10 easy adjustments to your normal routine...just one a day that will hopefully make some great changes to your overall health. The good news is...I am going to do them with you. I found myself lapsing back into some old patterns over the last couple of weeks so now it's time to forget about past mistakes, get a positive new attitude and take a proactive approach to our health.

Today I will go over step number one:

Deep Breathing

Our assignment for this week is to take just one minute out of our day - you can do it in the car while you are driving if you have to - and concentrate on deep breathing. This is where you inhale deeply thru your nose- deep from your abdomen, hold breath for a few seconds, and then exhale thru your mouth. I try to count for 5 slow seconds on each inhale and exhale.

Benefits from deep breathing include:
  • Floods your system with oxygen
  • Helps you relax or calm down
  • Energizes you
  • Stimulates the digestive process
  • Improves fitness
  • Help to detoxify inner organs

1 comment:

  1. Good morning. I just found your blog through the "Visit Our Peeps" widget on my blog. I have spent the last hour reading every post, and just wanted to say thank you for writing and sharing your research. I will be back every day!

    ReplyDelete