Friday, April 17, 2009

Healthy Pie Crust

This is a great pie crust recipe I experimented with several times until I found one that I was happy with and more importantly, that my husband was happy with. Now my next venture...finding a healthy pie?

1 cup Oats
1/3 cup whole wheat flour
1/3 cup ground almonds
2 ½ TBSP brown sugar
¼ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp salt
4 TBSP Canola Oil
3 TBSP ice cold water

Mix oats, wheat flour, ground almonds, sugar and salt together.
Mix oil and water together in separate bowl
Add oil and water mix to dry ingredients. Mix with fork until completely moistened. Mixture will begin to stick together but not roll up into a complete ball as with traditional pie crusts.
Oil 9” pie pan. Add mixture to pie pan. Use your hands to flatten out and press into shape of pie pan.

Bake at 425 for 8 minutes. Makes one 9” pie crust.

No comments:

Post a Comment