You can use this list of cholesterol reducing foods as a guide when eating and should consider having a majority of these foods that lower cholesterol in your home.
- Oat cereal
- Cereals containing flaxseed or psyllium
- Whole grain cereals
- All types of fruits, especially currants, grapes, strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, citrus fruits, apples
- Pecan nuts, walnuts, olives, soy nuts
- Dried or canned beans, peas and lentils
- Corn, fresh, frozen or canned
- Soybean products
- Whole wheat bread
- All vegetables, especially onion, watercress, leeks, spinach, carrots, artichokes, avocado, broccoli, kale, brussels sprouts and cauliflower
- A variety of flavourings, herbs and spices, especially fresh garlic -
- Lean meats and chicken
- Salmon, swordfish, tuna and trout
- Canola and olive oils and margarines made from these oils.
For the complete article you can visit: