Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Food for Thought: You are More Than What You Eat

I heard something the other day that has really stuck with me.  It was from Michael Pollan, in his Book The Omnivore's Dilemma.  He said:

"You are what you eat, eats."

I have been thinking of this statement a lot lately and it has made me even more conscience of the foods I purchase and consume.  Here are a few tips I am trying to do for my family that will hopefully make a difference in what we eat - and what we eat has already eaten:

  • Buy organic milk
  • Buy eggs that are organic or at least vegetarian feed, cage free, or free range
  • Buy chicken that is organic or at least "all natural" -  raised without any hormones, antibiotics, or steroids
  • Buy as much "local" produce as possible
  • Buy some organic fruits and vegetables - apples ,berries ,celery, and spinach have higher amounts of pesticides
*As I come up with more tips or suggestions I will add them to the list*

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog and tips!

    I'm a children's author and see you like to write. I'd love to have you come visit and write with us!

    ReplyDelete