Tuesday, January 6, 2009

But I Just Want a Cookie!


How many times are you at the grocery store with your kids and they want to get every dessert product you pass by? “Mom, Can I have this?” “No.” “Can I have this?” “No.” It gets exhausting. It is to the point at my house that when we are at the store if my 7 year old son asks if he can have something I tell him to read the label. He knows a few of the key words to look for – no high fructose corn syrup and no hydrogenated oils.
It makes me feel pretty bad sometimes. So I started to read the labels of several snack brands and found one that I feel is healthy enough for my family and oh boy…it tastes good!

The brand I like is Back to Nature. We love the Peanut Butter Crème Cookies (Taste like Nutter Butters – remember them?) We also love the Chocolate Chunk Cookies. And, of course, they're all baked with no hydrogenated oils and have no trans fat.
So you can still have a little sweet indulgence now and then and you don’t have to cut all the sweets out of your diet. Just try to find some that are a little better for you and are made with more natural ingredients. It’s Ok….have a cookie! (But just 2)

No comments:

Post a Comment