I read this article today on ways to help prevent Alzheimers by Dr. Andrew Weil. It has some good, easy tips to follow for Alzheimers prevention and just good health in general.
1. Challenge yourself. Pursue hobbies, engage in an active social life, take music or language lessons, or learn a new computer program.
2. Use a daily multivitamin that provides adequate levels of folic acid and other B vitamins. .
3. Use healing spices in your cooking: Turmeric, ginger and red pepper can add zing to meals and are all natural anti-inflammatories.
4. Eat a diet rich in omega-3s, including wild Alaskan salmon, sardines, freshly ground flaxseed and walnuts.
5. Incorporate plenty of fresh, organic fruits and vegetables in your meals.
6. Reduce your intake of polyunsaturated vegetable oils (such as sunflower, corn and safflower oils), replacing them instead with extra-virgin olive oil.
New Light Weight Jacket
5 years ago