So in honor of my lunch ladies I decided to give a list of super healthy foods that I will eat for the next two days to make up for it! In all seriousness, it is okay to indulge now and then. Food should be delicious and fun. Eating should be a great experience. We are a society that eats on the go, in front of the TV, in the car. We have lost our relationship with food, and the concept of meals with family, friends and neighbors.
They worshiped together at the Temple each day, met in homes for the Lord’s Supper, and shared their meals with great joy and generosity Acts 2:46
Here are a few great tips to “health up” a normal meal:
1. Tossing in 1/2 cup of chopped red peppers in your scrambled eggs delivers more than 100% of your daily vitamin C.
2. Stacking only three small leaves of spinach on your sandwich satisfies at least 20% of your day's vitamin A requirements.
3. Topping a pasta dish with just six sprigs of parsley offers a fresh boost of flavor and delivers a full day's supply of vitamin K.
4. Adding 1/2 cup of pinto beans to soup lowers both total cholesterol and LDL cholesterol.
5. Add lemon to your green tea. Green tea is already rich in antioxidants, but a study from Purdue University found that adding citrus juice led to a fourfold increase in disease-fighting catechins, antioxidants that may selectively inhibit the growth of cancer.
6. Add Wheat Germ to your smoothie. One-quarter cup of wheat germ packs nearly half of your day's requirements for zinc, an essential mineral that helps repair cells and strengthens the immune system.
**The List is from an article in prevention.com**