Thursday, March 12, 2009

Banana-Oat Muffins

This is my third attempt on healthy muffins that my family will actually eat and I think I finally have success. I made this recipe yesterday and the muffins are all gone. They are really moist and tasty and use all healthy ingredients. Give them a try!

2 Cups Full Circle Honey Nut Toasted Oats Cereal
1 ½ Cup Whole Wheat Flour
1/3 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp nutmeg
1 Cup Mashed Ripe Bananas (About 2 Large)
1 Cup Low Fat Milk
3 TBL Canola Oil
1 Egg
½ tsp vanilla

Heat Oven to 400. Grease Bottom of Muffin Pan or Use Muffin Cups.

Crush Cereal. In large bowl combine all dry ingredients including cereal. Mix Well. Stir in all wet ingredients including bananas just until moistened. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
Bake 18-22 minutes. Makes 12 muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment