Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The “Other” Ketchup

I mentioned in yesterday’s blog that we need a healthy ketchup to go with our organic French fries. I read the ingredient list of the most popular brands of ketchup and they have both high fructose corn syrup and corn syrup in them. Again I ask, “Is that really necessary? What happened to food just being food? Why can’t they use natural ingredients like regular sugar?" Thankfully I have two recommendations for a healthier version.

My favorite is:

Annie’s Natural Organic Ketchup: It is made with all natural ingredients, cloves and all spice and is even better than the “regular” stuff.

My second choice is Heinz Organic Tomato Ketchup. It is made with organic tomatoes and sugar.

Both of these choices are pretty good. I was happy to have more than one alternative. I know it’s expensive to throw out food and start fresh so use up what you have and when you go to purchase it next time – make the healthier choice. Small changes – one at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment