Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Healthy French Fries?

Is there really such thing as a Healthy French Fry? Well, I don’t know but I sure have found something pretty close. Today for Eat This Not That I conquer the French fry.

Who doesn’t love French fries? I don’t know anyone. Since we don’t eat fast food very often I had to find a frozen French fry that was acceptable to our diet. Looking at the ingredients on the major brands of frozen fries I found partially hydrogenated vegetable oil and other un-natural ingredients. Ugh! So I went on the search and finally found a brand I liked that used only a few, natural ingredients and also tastes great – kid approved!

Eat This: All Natural Alexia Foods Oven Crinkle Fries. They are made with organic potatoes, organic apple juice and sea salt. They are delicious and a much healthier choice than the fast food line or even some of the other brands of frozen potatoes. Other organic products in their line include hash browns and other French fry flavors.

They also have several non-organic products that we love including onion rings and sweet potato fries. Although these have a few more ingredients on their list they are still a much better alternative to fast food and even other brands.

Not That: Frozen French fries, Waffle Fries, and Extra Crispy Fries that include partially hydrogenated oils and other un-natural ingredients. Always read your labels.

Tomorrow I will write about the ketchup you will need to go along with your fries!

Here is the web site to Alexia Foods:
http://www.alexiafoods.com/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment