There are lots of home remedies we can use for minor ailments. Here are a few I wanted to share:
- Olive Oil for Eczema: Olive Oil is packed with natural anti-inflammatory antioxidants that when rubbed directly on skin can help moisturize.
- Milk to Help You Sleep: Your mother was right! Warm low-fat milk before bed can help you relax. Milk contains tryptophan, an amino acid that can help you to relax. Just like the after Thanksgiving Slumber.
- Ginger for Stomach Aches: Boil a few pieces of fresh ginger root in water, strain and drink like a tea. It is a natural way to relieve stomach aches, morning sickness, and motion sickness.
- Soy for Hot Flashes: Soy contains isoflavones - plant based compounds that have natural estrogen like activity. Some research suggests (and also my Dr.) that soy may help maintain hormone balance during menopause.
- Lemons for Detox: Add lemon juice to your water first thing in the morning for a natural way to detox your liver. Also considered a diuretic, lemons are thought to aid in urinay tract infections and to flush out bad toxins in the body.