Friday, January 23, 2009

Why is Cinnamon Good for You?


Proverbs 7:17 (New Living Translation)

I’ve perfumed my bed with myrrh, aloes, and cinnamon.

Simply said, I love cinnamon. Even before I knew it was good for you I started putting cinnamon in everything from my cereal to my coffee to my smoothies. I have even tried adding it to home-made spaghetti sauce – not so good. So why is cinnamon so good for you? Well I did some research and this is what I found:

· Smelling cinnamon may boost cognitive function and memory
· It is a great source of manganese, fiber, iron, and calcium
· It can help regulate blood sugar
· 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon per day may lower LDL cholesterol
· May soothe indigestion, and prevent stomach ulcers
· May ward off urinary tract infections
· Fights tooth decay and gum disease

As I mentioned I use cinnamon in a lot of different ways. I sprinkle it over my cereal and oatmeal. I add it to my coffee and tea. I add it in smoothies. I also add it to almost any thing I am baking; cookies, pie crusts, and breads.

No comments:

Post a Comment