Sunday, April 5, 2009

A Healthier Pancake

My boys love pancakes. On occasion we will whip them up a batch from scratch but most of the time I use a mix. My favorite mix is Maple Groves Farms - All Natural Honey Buckwheat Pancake Mix. I add about a TBL of ground flax seed meal and a tsp of cinnamon to the mix. I also use canola oil.

They are on the healthier side of pancakes and do not contain partially hydrogenated oils or high fructose corn syrup like other mixes. Most importantly they taste pretty good. We also only use 100% natural syrup. You'd be surprised but the popular syrup brands almost all have high fructose corn syrup in them so make sure you buy only 100% maple syrup.

Top your pancakes with chopped pecans and fresh blueberries. Mmmm.....

Here is the website for Maple Grove Farms. You can also find this mix at Market Street.

http://www.maplegrove.com/index.asp

No comments:

Post a Comment